Mmm, cake! For those of you who know me, I love cake so much that I actually work with it for a living. Surprisingly, nine months later I’m still not sick of it and even spend my weekends baking up my own… 🙂
This masterpiece, for example, is possibly the healthiest out there. I got the recipe from Women’s Health magazine a couple of years back, made it every week for two months and then proceeded to loose the recipe. That said, it seems Google really does have everything as last weekend I managed to re-find this recipe… and rekindle my love for this cake!
– 2 unwaxed oranges
– 3 large free range eggs
– 1/2 cup honey
– 2 1/2 cups ground almonds
– 1 tsp baking powder
1. Put the whole oranges (skin and everything!) in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour
2. Whilst the oranges are simmering, preheat the oven to 170C. Grease a 22cm loose bottomed cake tin
3. Remove the oranges from the heat and drain. Then, put the whole orange in a blender and blend until they are smooth.
4. Beat orange pulp, eggs, honey, ground almonds and baking powder together until combined
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
6. Remove, cool and enjoy with a dollop of natural yoghurt