Hi strangers, it’s been a while! Can you believe it’s June tomorrow already? It’s crazy how quickly this year is going and how I’ve almost been a ‘grad’ for a year! That said, I’m super excited for London to start warming up and Summer ’15 to really start. Flat dinners alfresco, a girlie break in Mykonos, bubbles in London’s rooftop bars and, did I mention MYKONOS! So, without further ado, I’m sharing my bircher muesli recipe. I like to make a big batch of this at the start of the week as it keeps in the fridge all week so is perfect for breakfasts on the go.
Roll on heatwave!
INGREDIENTS (serves 6)
– 6 gala apples
– 2 tbsp lemon juice
– 3 cups rolled oats
– 3 cups natural yoghurt (use soya, almond or coconut for completely dairy free)
– 6 tbsp pumpkin seeds
– 6 tbsp raisins
– 6 tbsp dried cranberries
– 1/4 cup honey (or other liquid sweetener)
1. Coarsely grate the apples using a box grater (honestly, this is the most complicated part of the recipe!) Place in a large bowl and mix in the lemon juice.
2. Add the oats, yoghurt, pumpkin seeds, raisins, cranberries and honey.
3. Lightly mix the ingredients together and cover the bowl, leaving it to refrigerate overnight.
4. In the morning, serve the muesli as it is or topped with fresh fruit, nuts and a pinch of cinnamon.