I’ve mastered the egg of all eggs. Poached eggs are notoriously difficult to make but I think I may have mastered it (dare I say I’m fast becoming an egg-xpert). This simple recipe comes from CBBC so it’s gotta be easy right? Perfect for a post- workout meal at any time of day 🙂
– 2 medium eggs
– 2 slices of rye bread
– 1 ripe avocado
– 2 tsp vinegar
– salt and pepper, to taste
1. Toast the bread on the highest setting to get it nice and crunchy!
2. Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and add the vinegar. My flatmate E thinks that this is unnecessary but I’ve yet to try it without. Let me know in the comments below if you can vouch for this!
3. Once boiling, carefully stir the water until it looks like a little whirlpool.
4. Crack open the egg into a cup (or a measuring cup works well!), then carefully pour the egg into the boiling water. Only cook 1 egg at a time.
5. If the egg whites starts to separate, use the spoon to gently push it back towards the yolk.
6. Turn off the heat and let your egg cook for about 4 minutes.
7. While it’s cooking, slice or smash the avocado onto the crunchy toast.
8. When it’s cooked, carefully use your spoon (ideally a spoon with holes in it!) to fish out the egg and pop it on the toast.
9. Season with salt and pepper and tuck in!