These sweet treats are the perfect winter snack and are seriously SO EASY to make. All you need is sugar, cinnamon, water, almonds, and a ton of willpower to resist eating them straight from the pan. It may feel a litttle too Christmasy (you’re probably thinking I need to get over it and accept that it’s mid-January!) but hey, I won’t tell anyone. Plus coconut sugar is healthy right…?
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1.5 tbsp cup water
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon and water over medium-high heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the almonds and stir constantly with a spoon, coating the almonds with the syrupy mixture.
- Keep stirring until the sugar crystallizes (this takes about 8-10 minutes) and it looks sandy. Don’t stop stirring, it really looks like it’s burning but keep working!
- Remove the pan from heat and scoop the almonds onto wax or parchment paper.
- Let the cinnamon almonds cool for a few minutes before serving.
Inspirations from: http://www.somethingswanky.com/cinnamon-sugared-almonds/