When I realized that this salmon recipe wasn’t on my blog, I had to make and photograph it immediately! Not only was this a firm favourite in the L & N household last year but we’ve also been asked for the recipe by guests- rumour has it B now cooks the coconut rice herself.
My friends genuinely joked this weekend that I live off kale, quinoa and salmon… this is really not helping my cause, if I’m not careful I’m going to get this for Christmas.
– 2 x 140g fillets of salmon
– 2 green tea teabags
– Drizzle of olive oil
– 1 cup brown rice
– 1 cup coconut milk
– 1/2 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Add 1 cup of brown rice, 1 cup of coconut milk and 1 cup of boiling water into a large saucepan. Add 1/2 a lemon, stir well, cover and cook for roughly 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, then turn the heat off.
3. In the meantime, place the salmon on a plate and bush with olive oil. Rip open the green tea bags and scatter the contents over the fish before seasoning with salt and pepper and rubbing in. Place in an ovenproof dish and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
4. In another pan add the broccoli and a pinch of salt to boiling water and cook for a few minutes until just tender.
5. Sprinkle with chilli and coriander (if desired- I just didn’t have any!)