Morning all! So today’s recipe is sorta cheating- it comes directly from Deliciously Ella and is so great that I made zero changes. That said, I still wanted to share the love and joy of my new favourite wheat-free, dairy-free blog so go go go take a look! This salad is the perfect grab-and-go recipe which is ideal as I’ve been super busy prepping for my finals that I haven’t had a chance to do a ton of cooking. It’s also so nice to get some orange in my diet- a girl can only have so much green!
– 3/4 of a cup of quinoa
– 3 large carrots
– 1/2 a cup of lentils
– 1/2 a cup of raisins (my sister R isn’t a raisin fan and agreed feta cheese is a good sub for you dairy eaters!)
– 1/2 of a cup of pine nuts
– 1 large butternut squash
For the dressing:
– 3 tablespoons of olive oil
– 2 tablespoons of tahini
– 1 teaspoon of tamari
– 1 lime
1. Start by pre-heating the oven to 190C, then peel and cut the squash into bite size chunks. Place them on a baking tray drizzled with olive oil, salt, dried rosemary and pepper and bake for thirty minutes until soft.
2. Next, cook the quinoa and lentils, which should take about fifteen minutes – to flavour them add some lime or apple cider vinegar and a sprinkling of salt as they start to cook.
3. Once this is cooking place the raisins into a bowl of warm water and allow them to soak – this makes them much juicier and so much more delicious.
4. Then peel and grate the carrots using the fattest holes of a cheese grater.
5. Finally, make the dressing simply by mixing the tahini, tamari, lime, olive oil and oil with a fork until smooth.
6. Place all of the ingredients into a large salad bowl, pour on the dressing and stir well.