Hey strangers! Long time no see. Unfortunately, L’s been pretty ill recently so cooking has become a little less of an event in our house and I had flu (again!) this weekend so was MIA myself. However, in true tasha-style, even being ill was an excuse to eat good food- after all, as the original creator of this recipe says, “our bodies are really good at telling us when we need to slow down.” I’ve had a lot on my mind the last five weeks but this weekend I definitely took time to listen to my body and made time to sleep, relax and have a really good dinner!
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1 medium brown onion, diced
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 4 cups vegetable stock
– 1 bunch broccoli, chopped (6 cups)
– 4 cups kale, chopped
– 2 tbsp tahini
– salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for about 3 minutes.
2. Add stock and bring to a boil.
3. Add the broccoli and kale, turn heat to low, and let simmer for five minutes.
4. Remove from heat and stir in tahini. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
5. Blend the soup using a hand blender. Serve hot!
Original recipe can be found here!