Sometimes, the best things in life are the simple ones- like a baked potato loaded with toppings. I’ve been trying to write this post for ages but I could never get the topping just right. I tried yoghurt, cinnamon and honey. I tried tuna with mayo. But the one that really stood out for me is this one. It is SO good and is bursting with good fat from the avocado and hummus. This is more inspiration than a recipe so feel free to adjust everything to taste!
– 1 sweet potato per person
– 1/2 cup black beans per potato (drained and rinsed)
– 1/2 cup sweetcorn per potato
– 1/2 ripe avocado per potato, cubed
– 1/4 cup cooked prawns (peeled, cooked and ready to eat!)
– 1 tbsp hummus
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. (Alternatively, for a quick(er) meal after step 2 microwave on high for 4-5 mins, plus 2-3 minutes for each additional potato.)
2. Scrub any dirt of the potato and make sure it is completely dry. Stab all over with a fork and place on a baking tray.
3. Cook for 45 minutes or until soft.
4. Cut open and allow to cool until desired temperature.
5. Mix beans, sweetcorn, cubed avocado and prawns together and spoon into potato.
6. Serve with a dollop of hummus.
P.S How cute is my heart sweet potato!?