So, as promised here is my favourite oatmeal raisin cookie- it’s super quick and makes soft and chewy cookies that taste just like the ‘real thing’. Plus, it doesn’t have banana in it! Don’t get me wrong, I love banana but when used as a substitute for butter it always leaves a very … distinct taste.
INGREDIENTS (Makes about 8 cookies)
– 1 & 1/2 cups rolled oats
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 2 tbsp syrup sweetener (I used dark agave but maple, rice or even honey would probably work just as well)
– 1/4 cup raisins (rolled in a sprinkle of flour to stop them sinking to the bottom!)
– 2 tbsp oil
– 2 tbsp milk of choice (I chose almond)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Blend the oats, baking soda and salt using a food processor or (in my student kitchen) a hand blender!
3. Mix in the other ingredients.
4. Roll into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper. Cook for 6 minutes.
5. Leave to cool and harden before tucking in to a nice warm cookie!