Nothing says F-R-E-S-H like tabbouleh. Over the years, I’ve been lucky enough to spend quite a bit of time in the Middle East and I am in love with Lebanese food; hummus and tabbouleh are my absolute favourites. As I haven’t been to visit in a while, I thought I’d try and recreate this classic in my London abode. It’s chunkier than the original but I think that this (plus the quinoa) means its substantial enough to be served as a main dish. That said, it does make the perfect accompaniment to barbequed chicken… oh, hurry up summer!
– 1 cup quinoa, cooked and cooled (see this post for a fool-proof method to cooking perfect, fluffy quinoa every time!)
– 1 cup chopped vine tomatoes, preferably without the seeds and juice as this can ruin the crispness.
– 1 cup chopped cucumbers
– 1 cup finely chopped parsley
– 1/2 cup chopped red onion (approx. 1 small onion)
– Juice of 1/2 lemon
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 3 tbsp olive oil
1. Combine all the ingredients in a big bowl and mix well! So impressive considering it’s a one-step recipe!