For those of you who read this blog on a regular basis, you’ll have noticed that I haven’t posted in a while. Though this is partially because L and I have been Christmas-partying most nights, I’ve also been living out my freezer for the past week. It’s amazing how much food I managed to build up over a term. But yesterday I left London and have gone to visit my family in Italy for a well-deserved break. I’m having such a good time- the weather has been amazing (that crisp, sunny winter) and was perfect weather for running outside. And, to top it off, I’m writing this in front of a log fire, catching up with my lovely family. It’s the ideal Christmas break and I’m looking forward to spending some quality time with my Mum, Dad and Sister, getting on top of my uni work and doing some cooking! So to start the holidays, my sister B and I experimented with homemade granola!
– 2 cups rolled oats
– 1/3 cup liquid sweetener of choice (Ideally maple syrup but we used runny honey)
– 1/3 cup olive oil
– Extras (Add flavourings such as vanilla essence or cinnamon in step 2 and chopped almonds, chopped fruit, seeds etc. in step 4)
1. Preheat oven 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Whisk oil and honey together in a bowl and stir in oats. Pour into baking tray.
3. Cook for 20 minutes (nudging with a spatula after 10), being sure to watch closely after 15.
4. When golden brown remove from oven, stir in add-ins and allow to cool. Enjoy… preferably with a morning like this: