I planned to do a ton of blogging this weekend but at Thanksgiving dinner I decided to have a bit of dairy. Big mistake. I had genuinely forgotten how rubbish it made me feel but, after two days of chronic stomach pain, I can safely say it’ll be a while before I have pumpkin pie again. Luckily, I’m feeling a lot better today and you’ll be happy to know my appetite has returned (for those of you who know me, missing even one meal is a massive deal). Today, L and I had the best carrot soup for tea with roasted chickpeas- which was the perfect compliment both texture and taste wise. L found (and made!) this soup online and it’s definitely a keeper!
– One large onion
– 5 large carrots
– 4 large garlic cloves
– a knob of dairy-free butter
– 1 stock cube
– salt, pepper
– 1 can (410g) chickpeas
– dried thyme and rosemary
TO MAKE THE SOUP:
1. Dice onion and garlic and place in a saucepan with the butter. Cook until translucent.
2. Add chopped carrot and let it heat for a couple of minutes.
3. Add 500ml of stock and season with salt and pepper.
4. Simmer until the carrots are soft (approximately 20 minutes)
5. Blend until smooth
TO MAKE THE CHICKPEAS
1. Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
2. Place on a baking tray and rub with a little oil, salt and herbs.
3. Toast at 200 degrees until golden brown (approximately 20 minutes)