Growing up, we always stopped at 4pm for ‘cup of tea time’ where we take a moment to discuss the day, have a cup of tea and a little snack. Unfortunately, in my day-to-day life I often don’t do this- which is such a shame. As you can probably tell, this weekend I spent a lot of time in the kitchen and decided to whip up a batch of cookies to encourage me to slow down and have ‘cup of tea time’. However, these rustic cookies are so full of almonds that they’re particularly amazing for a pre-workout/post-workout snack!
– 1 1/2 cups ground almonds
– 1/4 cup brown rice flour
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 cup almond butter (the oily/runny kind!)
– 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/3 cup all-natural raspberry jam (I used St. Dalfour which is sweetened with grape juice)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix almond meal, rice flour, salt and baking powder.
3. In a smaller bowl combine eggs, almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
4. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until dough comes together. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
5. Shape dough into balls (approx. 2 tsp) and place on the baking sheet.
6. Using your thumb, press into the middle of the ball to form a well. Fill each well with raspberry jam.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Once again, this recipe is adapted (made non-vegan) from ohsheglows.com- her recipes are an absolute treasure for anyone on an elimination diet so be sure to check it out!