After eating banana and honey on toast one too many times last week (direct result of grad scheme interviews, high levels of stress and no time in the kitchen), I have spent a ton of time cooking this weekend. Plus, our friend F just bought L and I a wheat-free, dairy-free, sugar-free cook book so we have a lot up our sleeves. Stay tuned!
Oh, and I did warn you that L and I love salmon.
– 2 fillets of salmon (approx. 240g)
– 2 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
FOR THE DETOX TERIYAKI SAUCE
– 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
– 1/4 cup honey (or brown rice syrup/agave nectar)
– 1 tsp ground ginger (or freshly grated if you have it!)
– 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
– 1 tsp barley miso
– 1 tsp mirin
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Combine the balsamic vinegar, syrup or honey, ginger and pepper in a small saucepan.
3. Bring to the boil, lower to a simmer and cook for approximately 10 minutes, stirring often. It should thicken and the vinegar should reduce.
4. Add the miso and mirin.
5. Place salmon in an oven proof dish and pour the teriyaki sauce over the salmon. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
6. Cook in oven for 15-20 minutes. Serve with brown rice and stir fry veggies!