I’m a big believer it the ‘you are what you eat’ philosophy and, to be blunt, when I eat crap I feel like crap. However, with the nights getting shorter and my friends indulging in big, warm mugs of hot chocolate I certainly didn’t want to miss out on this winter treat! This sugar-free hot chocolate is made using Maca hot chocolate powder- a superfood with an endless list of benefits including stress reduction. Being in my final year of university, stress is no stranger to me at the minute… what a fabulous excuse for a hot choccie!
– 1 mug of almond milk (or a dairy free milk of your choice)
– Maca hot chocolate powder (I like ‘Of The Earth Superfoods’ with 43% Cacao powder, 38% Banana flakes, 9.5% Lucuma Fruit Powder, 9.5% Maca root powder)
1. Add 2 tablespoons of Maca hot chocolate powder to a quarter of a cup of milk.
2. Mix really well to create an almost smooth paste.
3. Fill up the cup with more liquid and stir again.
4. Heat in a microwave (about 2 minutes, stirring half way through) or on the stove until the mixture thickens.
5. Top with dark chocolate shavings and drink your stress away!